Applications for the Martina Roeselová Memorial Fellowship are open to Ph.D. students and postdoctoral researchers caring for a preschool child or children while actively pursuing a career in natural sciences at a university or at a non-university research organization in the Czech Republic.
How to Apply for the Fellowship?
The grant applications must be in English and must include:
- 1-year research plan (1-2 pages)
- A description of the family situation and the envisaged use of the grant (1 page max.)
- The applicant’s CV with a full list of publications and conference presentations (3 pages max.)
- A Letter of Recommendation by the applicant’s mentor or direct supervisor
Send your full written application for a fellowship, including all of the required appendices, by electronic mail to email@example.com or by mail to the address of the Foundation.
The applications for fellowships for the subsequent year are accepted until September 30 of the current year. The Board determines the award of fellowships upon recommendations submitted by the Evaluation Committee by November 30 and informs the applicants of the decision without delay. The decisions of the Board are final.
Memorial Fellowship awards
The Martina Roeselová Memorial Fellowship of CZK 120,000 is granted for a single calendar year.
The funds are provided in three instalments. The first instalment of 50 per cent of the total grant awarded by the foundation is due in 30 days of signing the agreement on Fellowship award. The second instalment of 40 per cent of the total grant awarded shall be paid out in six months; the payment is conditional on the submission of a report on the use of the funds provided. The third instalment of the remaining 10 per cent of the total grant rests on a written final report (1-2 pages) on the results achieved thanks to the grant to be submitted by the fellowship recipients within two months following the one-year fellowship term.
The fellowship recipients also agree to their name and other information to be used in relation to the Foundation and promotion thereof.
The Martina Roeselová Memorial Fellowship applications are evaluated by an independent committee which forwards its positions to the Board which subsequently determines the fellowship awards.
The members of the Committee are:
- Prof. Barbara Finlayson-Pitts (University of California, Irvine)
- Prof. Benny Gerber (Hebrew University, Jerusalem)
- Prof. Pavel Jungwirth (IOCB Prague)
- Bc. David Roesel (FNSPE CTU, Prague)
- Dr. Pavlína Řezáčová IOCB Prague)
- Prof. RNDr. Jitka Ulrichová (Palacký University, Olomouc)